I would 100 times choose a home cooked meal verses a restaurant one. I try to live a healthy lifestyle and this way it allows me to control what goes in my body. One of my favorite meals to order from outside is fried cauliflower rice . I always thought it is a hassle to make at home and it would never taste as good as at a restaurant. I was so wrong!! This easy recipe changed my outlook.
I love cooking simple and healthy meals that are ready preferably in under 30 min. This cauliflower fried rice is so easy to make, full of flavor and low in carbs. Loaded with veggies for extra nutrition. Shrimp is optional, you can use chicken instead or fully skip it and make this meal vegan friendly. Check my version of the Asian classic dish.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 stalks green onion
- Fresh ginger
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 bags of frozen cauli rice
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Splash of gluten free soy sauce
1 bunch of organic baby bok choy
1 cup of snap peas
Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a pan or a wok add the sesame oil
- Add the shrimp seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Cook on each side for 3-4 min. Set aside.
- In the same pan heat up the oil of your choice
- Add the green onion and garlic
- cook for 1 minute. Try not to burn the garlic
- Add the cauliflower rice
- Cook for 4-5 min
- Add carrots and green peas, red bell pepper and grated ginger and cook for another 2-3 min
- Crack two eggs in the cauliflower rice and mix in until eggs are cooked
- Do not overcook because it can get mushy
- Add splash of soy sauce and snap peas and bok choy, I like to add those at the end so they stay crunchy .
Serve it in a bow add the shrimp and garnish with cilantro , enjoy!!!